DevOpsDevOps Engineer working in an agile environment together with Development Teams using Ansible, Docker, Puppet, AWS, Jenkins, Scrum, Continuous Integration/Deployment.
Previously working as a DevOps/SysAdmin at Rackspace in the Cloud Operations team on the Cloud Servers product and the underlying OpenStack infrastructure.
• Working with Linux from 2001 – Red Hat since 7.2, RHEL, CentOS, Debian, Ubuntu, Fedora
• Red Hat Enterprise Linux: RHN Satellite, Spacewalk, Kickstarts, Provisioning
• Configuration Management: Ansible, Puppet (Certified), Salt
• Continuous Integration / Deployment Pipeline: Jenkins, Pipeline as Code, Nexus, Artifactory
• Cloud: Amazon AWS, Rackspace (ex-employee), OpenStack
• Amazon Cloud: EC2, S3, ELB (Elastic Load Balancers), EBS (Elastic Block Storage), IAM
• Virtualization: VMware vSphere, Citrix XenServer, KVM, Docker
• Monitoring: Nagios, Opsview, Cacti, Zabbix, SCOM
• Hashicorp Tools as Terraform, Consul, Serf, Packer, Vagrant, etc.
• Atlassian Tools including Bamboo, Stash, Jira, Confluence, Hipchat
• Scrum, Kanban, Agile Development, Micro-services
• Logging & Reporting: Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana, Graphite, Grafana, Appdynamics
• Back-up: Commvault, NetBackup, Rsnapshot, Rsync, Symantec Backup Exec, Bacula, BackupPC
• Databases: MySQL, Oracle, Oracle RAC, Cassandra, Redis
• Apache, Nginx, Varnish, DNS, Oracle, PHP, Sendmail, Qmail, Exim, Postfix
• Networking, WAN, LAN, Cloud, VOIP, LDAP
• VOIP, Asterisk, FreePBX, Elastix
• DirectAdmin, Plesk, cPanel
• Storage: NFS (NAS, Hitachi HNAS), iSCSI and Fibre Channel (Enterprise SAN Storage via Hitachi and NetApp)
• Web development since 1999
• Had an income of £300 monthly as a 13-year-old running my own site.
• Programming languages: C++, Java, Ruby, Bash
• PHP Frameworks: CakePHP, Yii, Laravel
• CMS: Wordpress, Drupal, Joomla